Mini City Hall Assistant
||Hours: At least 3 hours per wk|
||Job site: Mini City Hall|
|Length of commitment: One Year
||Reports to: Barb Tuininga|
|Work environment: Indoors
||Minimum Age: 18 |
Help customers with questions and provide information and referral to city and community programs and services. Accept city water/sewer payments, use the dual receiver language line phone to provide service to customers who speak limited English. Assist with special projects. Keep stock of informational materials on display up to date. Attend quarterly staff meetings. Training is provided.
- Knowledge of local government structure.
- Knowledge of Bellevue community programs and services.
- Experience working with a diverse community.
- Experience with computers and software, including Word, e-mail, Access and the Internet.
- Fluency in a second language is not required, but would be a plus.
Barb Tuininga, coordinator at Mini City Hall (contact information in the right column of this page), can answer questions about this position.
To apply, please download, complete and submit a volunteer application to Ms. Tuininga. Good candidates will meet with the coordinator for an informational interview to see if their availability and goals fit this position. This is a very popular program, so there may be a waiting list.
The City of Bellevue provides volunteer opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual preference and/or disability.