Receive email or text notification when this page is updated
Updated Jan. 13
CITY TRAFFIC INFORMATION (NOTE: For information on road closures related to ice, snow or flooding, please see the city’s Emergencies and Extreme Weather page)
New/Updated traffic impacts this week. Expect traffic delays or use an alternate route, if possible. Please obey construction signs and flaggers. The most recent changes are listed first.
- NEW -- NE 1st Street (near Downtown Park): 1/13-17. The westbound curb lane is closed due to a water main leak and resulting icy conditions. Anticipated repair is to take place on Mon, 1/16 from 7 pm-3 am.
- NEW -- Bellevue Way – NE 4th St to NE 6th St: 1/13, 7 pm - 1/15, 6 pm. All northbound lanes will be closed (hard closure) during the entire weekend for removal of a tower crane. One SB lane will also be closed.
- UPDATED -- 148th Ave SE – Main St to SE 8th St: Week of 1/16/17, 7:30 am - 4:00 pm. Contractor will be pouring sidewalks at 148th/ Main St (weather permitting). Crews will also be installing new signal mast arms at 148th/SE 8th St. Traffic will be reduced to 1 lane in either direction M – F, 7:30 am – 3 pm (southbound) & 9:00 am – 4:00 pm (northbound). Officers will be on site to direct traffic.
- UPDATED -- 114th Ave SE, SE 6th St to Main St: 1/18-19, 7 am - 3:30 pm. The northbound lanes of 114th Avenue Southeast will be closed from SE 8th St to SE 6th St. The southbound lanes of 114th Avenue Southeast will be closed from SE 6th St to SE 8th St. All driveways will remain open. Bellevue Utilities will close this section to through traffic for sewer main replacement work. Please use alternate routes. Pedestrian and bicycle pathway remains open. (construction map)
- UPDATED -- WB SE 8th St from 112th Ave SE to 114th Ave SE: Ongoing through early February. Sewer work will close the curb lane. Access to local businesses and all traffic movements will be maintained. The pedestrian and bike paths along the north curb lane will be closed. Part of Bellefield Area Sewer Projects.
- UPDATED -- NE 12th St east of 116th Ave NE: 1/16-20, 7:30 am to 3:30 pm. Trucks entering and exiting roadway.
On-going traffic impacts
- 120th Ave NE from NE 8th St to NE 12th St: This project is inactive until February 2017. Temporary traffic control is in place, please use caution in the area.
- Northup Way Connection to SR 520 Trail: Ongoing. Mon - Fri, 7 am – 4 pm Work continues at intersection of 116th Ave NE @ Northup Way and NE 24th St @ Northup Way. Expect delays. If possible, please find alternate routes.
- Forest Drive SE and SE 60th St: Ongoing until 3/1/17. The Coal Creek Parkway trailhead is closed so the city can build a new, 11-stall parking lot. Although the trailhead will be closed, the majority of the Coal Creek trail system will remain open. Parking access near Coal Creek Park includes: small parking lots located along Forest Drive and SE 60th St; Cinder Mine parking lot located at 15484 Newcastle Golf Club Rd.; and Red Town parking lot at Cougar Mountain Regional Park.
- 120th Ave NE between NE 12th St and NE 16th St: Ongoing to 4/1/17,7 am - 4 pm. The street will be closed to through traffic to allow for the construction of a new bridge.
East Link Light Rail
- 110th Ave. NE from Main St/112th Ave. SE to 110th Ave NE/NE 6th St: Tunnel monitoring equipment installation along the alignment through late 2016. Expect lane closures along Main St and 110th Ave NE. Traffic control set up may change day to day as the work progresses from south to the north.
- NE 2nd Pl from 110th Ave NE to 111th Ave NE: Ongoing through 2018 (minimum 2-year closure) to allow use of the right of way as a staging area for Sound Transit.
Subscribe to receive East Link construction alerts from Sound Transit (via text or email). Visit the Sound Transit East Link Extension website for more information.
FREEWAY TRAFFIC INFORMATION:
The Washington State Department of Transportation has several projects under way that can affect traffic in Bellevue at any given time. For the most up-to-date information on construction activity on major highways, visit WSDOT's weekly construction closure updates.