Receive email or text notification when this page is updated
Updated February 17
CITY TRAFFIC INFORMATION (NOTE: For information on road closures related to ice, snow or flooding, please see the city’s Emergencies and Extreme Weather page)
New/Updated traffic impacts this week. Expect traffic delays or use an alternate route, if possible. Please obey construction signs and flaggers. The most recent changes are listed first.
- UPDATED: 110th Ave NE/Main Street: Lane closures continue through 3/5 on Main Street (2 westbound) and 110th Ave NE (1 northbound), 7:30 am to 3:30 pm for water main replacement.
- UPDATED -- 148th Ave SE – Main St to SE 8th St: Mon – Fri. Officers will be in intersection directing traffic, as needed. Expect delays and use alternate routes.
- 2/13: Contractor will be grading for new sidewalks at 148th/SE 8th St southbound traffic will be reduced to 1-lane between 7:30 am – 3 pm and northbound traffic will be reduced to 1-lane 9 am – 3 pm.
- 2/20-24: Contractor will be pouring new concrete sidewalks and performing property restoration @ 148th Ave SE & SE 8th St. Southbound traffic will be reduced to 1-lane 7:30 am to 3 pm; northbound traffic will be reduced to 1-lane 9 am to 5 pm.
- UPDATED -- 120th Ave NE between NE 12th St and NE 16th St: Ongoing to 5/1/17,7 am - 4 pm. The St will be closed to through traffic to allow for the construction of a new bridge.
- UPDATED: 110th Ave NE at NE 4th St: One southbound lane closed (24 hour closure) approaching NE 4th Street for dewatering test well installation. Westside sidewalk may be closed at times; pedestrians can use eastside sidewalk. Work is expected to wrap up on or before Feb. 22.
- UPDATED: WB SE 8th St from 112th Ave SE to 114th Ave SE: Ongoing through the end of February, Mon - Fri, 8 am – 3:30 pm. Sewer work will close the curb lane. Access to local businesses and all traffic movements will be maintained. The pedestrian and bike paths along the north curb lane will be closed. Part of Bellefield Area Sewer Projects.
On-going traffic impacts
- 120th Ave NE from NE 8th St to NE 12th St:: Ongoing, Mon - Fri, 7 am - 3:30 pm. Watch for flagger controlled intersection at 120th and Old Bel-Red Road near Lake Bellevue. Dump trucks with trailers will need to back into site near Lake Bellevue and will cause short traffic delays. Please use caution in the area and watch for flagger control of roadway for equipment safety.
- Forest Drive SE and SE 60th St: Ongoing until 3/1/17. The Coal Creek Parkway trailhead is closed so the city can build a new, 11-stall parking lot. Although the trailhead will be closed, the majority of the Coal Creek trail system will remain open. Parking access near Coal Creek Park includes: small parking lots located along Forest Drive and SE 60th St; Cinder Mine parking lot located at 15484 Newcastle Golf Club Rd.; and Red Town parking lot at Cougar Mountain Regional Park.
East Link Light Rail
- 110th Ave NE/Main Street: Lane closures continue through 3/5 on Main Street (2 westbound) and 110th Ave NE (1 northbound), 7:30 am to 3:30 pm for water main replacement.
- 110th Ave NE at NE 4th St: One southbound lane closed (24 hour closure) approaching NE 4th Street for dewatering test well installation. Westside sidewalk may be closed at times; pedestrians can use eastside sidewalk. Work is expected to wrap up on or before Feb. 22.
- NE 2nd Pl from 110th Ave NE to 111th Ave NE: Ongoing through 2018 to allow use of the right of way as a staging area for Sound Transit.
Subscribe to receive East Link construction alerts from Sound Transit (via text or email). Visit the Sound Transit East Link Extension website for more information.
FREEWAY TRAFFIC INFORMATION:
The Washington State Department of Transportation has several projects under way that can affect traffic in Bellevue at any given time. For the most up-to-date information on construction activity on major highways, visit WSDOT's weekly construction closure updates.
- 1/27, 11 pm - 1/30, 5 am – All lanes in both directions of SR 520 between Montlake Boulevard and 92nd Avenue Northeast will be closed. This work is weather dependent.