Surrey Downs Park Master Planning
Receive notification when this page is updated
The 112th Avenue Southeast right of way has been chosen as the alignment for Sound Transit's Light Rail project, eliminating vehicle access to Surrey Downs Park from 112th Avenue. In response to this access constraint, we must revise the Surrey Downs Park master plan adopted in 2009.
At the April 8, 2014 Parks & Community Services Board meeting, staff presented the final preferred master plan. The Park Board voted unanimously to recommend to the City Council to formally adopt the Surrey Downs Master Plan Update. The plan and recommendation was presented to City Council at its April 28 meeting.
From the April 8, 2014 Park Board meeting:
Preferred Park Master Plan
- Preferred Master Plan presented to Park Board for feedback on January 14, 2014.
- Second community meeting to present and discuss preferred plan - November 21, 2013
- Discussion with Park Board regarding impacts was held on October 8, 2013.
- First community meeting to discuss light rail impacts to the park was held on September 25, 2013.
- Master plan update process began September 2013.
- City Council adopted the park master plan on March 16, 2009.
- The proposed master plan was presented to Council for final review on March 9, 2009. Presentation
- Environmental review is complete, and a Determination of Non-Significance was issued on Jan. 22, 2009.
- SEPA review posted for public comment on July 10. Comment period ended July 24, 2008.
- The proposed plan was presented to the City Council during a study session on May 19, 2008. No action was requested. Presentation
- On May 13, 2008, the Parks & Community Services Board unanimously recommended that the City Council approve the proposed master plan.
In 2005, the City of Bellevue acquired property from King County at 546 112th Ave. SE and established Surrey Downs Park. The property had been home to Surrey Downs Elementary School for 26 years, and is now the location of the King County District Courthouse and two small athletic fields.
During the planning process, individuals and groups with diverse interests have been invited to participate in the the development of a design for the park.
Public Meeting #1 - Presentation
Public Meeting #1 and Website Survey - Compiled Report
Public Meeting #2 - Report
Public Meeting #3 - Presentation (4-1-08)
Public Meeting #3 - Summary Report
Public Meeting #3 - Public Comments
Development Zone Parameters
Public Meeting - November 21, 2013 Presentation
Breakout Group - Board 1
Breakout Group - Board 2
Scheme 1 section
Scheme 2 section
Scheme 3 section
Scheme 4 section