Surrey Downs Park Master Planning
Receive e-mail notification when this page is updated
The Parks & Community Services Department will redesign Surrey Downs Park to better serve the neighborhood. The master plan will represent a long-term vision for the park, guiding redevelopment by identifying opportunities and constraints. Proposed Master Plan
- City Council adopted the park master plan on March 16, 2009.
- The proposed master plan was presented to Council for final review on March 9, 2009. Presentation
- Environmental review is complete, and a Determination of Non-Significance was issued on Jan. 22, 2009.
- SEPA review posted for public comment on July 10. Comment period ended July 24, 2008.
- The proposed plan was presented to the City Council during a study session on May 19, 2008. No action was requested. Presentation
- On May 13, 2008, the Parks & Community Services Board unanimously recommended that the City Council approve the proposed master plan.
In 2005, the City of Bellevue acquired property from King County at 546 112th Ave. SE and established Surrey Downs Park. The property had been home to Surrey Downs Elementary School for 26 years, and is now the location of the King County District Courthouse and two small athletic fields.
During the planning process, individuals and groups with diverse interests have been invited to participate in the the development of a design for the park.
Public Meeting #1 - PresentationPublic Meeting #1 and Website Survey - Compiled ReportPublic Meeting #2 - ReportPublic Meeting #3 - Presentation (4-1-08)Public Meeting #3 - Summary Report
Public Meeting #3 - Public Comments Development Zone Parameters
Breakout Group - Board 1
Breakout Group - Board 2
Scheme 1 section
Scheme 2 section
Scheme 3 section
Scheme 4 section