SE Newport Way Sidewalk
Click on image for larger image.
Southeast Newport Way, between 150th to 152nd avenues Southeast, is missing important pedestrian and bicycle amenities. This project will address safety issues, improve access to Eastgate Elementary School, provide better access to transit and provide east-west bicycle route connectivity.
To meet these important goals, the city is proposing the following improvements:
- Six-foot sidewalk on the south side
- Five-foot bike lanes on both sides
- Landscaped planters between the new curb, gutter and sidewalk on the south side, where feasible
- Mid-block crosswalk upgrades to Eastgate Elementary School
- Water main replacement
- Roadway repaving work
- Drainage system improvements
Construction on this project began in early February and should be completed in Summer 2015.