The Bellevue Police Department Tuesday celebrated exemplary actions over the last year by residents, officers and support staff. Awards to civilians included one for helping police catch a murder suspect and one for helping a police officer under attack.
This year’s awards included:
- A Blue Star medal for severe injury in the line of duty, awarded to Detective Joseph Nault.
- A Lifesaving award, for providing CPR to a distressed patient, given to Officer Vittorio Mangione. Award presentation video clip
- Commander’s awards, given in recognition of exceptional job performance to nearly 20 officers, emergency dispatchers and support staff.
- Four Citizens awards: one for helping police catch a murder suspect, issued to Douglas P. Hudak; two for providing CPR, issued to Stephen Dunmore and Linda Ingram-Marion; and one for assisting Nault in a fight for his life, issued to Jeffrey Jacobson.
- Three special commendations to deputy prosecutors of the King County Prosecutor’s Office for their assistance to Bellevue’s Special Enforcement Team, issued to Shaya Calvo, Alex Voorhees and Doug Young.
- Seven service commendations, signifying 25 years of service to the Department, issued to Capt. Dennis Bronson, Capt. Jim Kowalczyk, Detective Robert Thompson, Lt. Jim Gasperetti, Detective Robert Herst, Corporal Mark Lewis and Police Support Officer Robert Murphy.
Return to News Release Index