Applications for a concealed pistol license and/or a firearm’s dealer license can be obtained through the Police Records Department during regular business hours (Monday to Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.) The application process may take up to 40 minutes, so we ask that applicants arrive no later than 4:20 p.m. to finish the application before the close of business. This will allow the application to be completed in one trip to the department, rather than two. The Records department is also closed on all city-observed holidays.
Concealed Pistol License
Applicants must be at least 21 years old, a citizen of the United States (or permanent resident alien), and live within the city limits of Bellevue. Applicants must also show valid picture identification and apply in person. If you don’t have a Washington State driver license or ID card, you must provide proof you have lived in the state for at least the last 90 days. Fingerprints* must be taken for new applicants. If you are not a Washington resident, you may apply at any local law enforcement agency in Washington State. For more information, please refer to the Department of Licensing, (Concealed Pistol License).
* Fingerprinting services are available ONLY for individuals applying for concealed weapons licenses and firearm dealer licenses as well as Bellevue residents in conjunction with the Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act. For other fingerprinting requests, please refer to a local business and/or outside agency.
- New Application: A non-refundable fee of $50.75 is collected at the time of application. Once the license is approved, it will be mailed directly to the applicant. Allow 30 days for processing. A concealed pistol license is valid for five years from the date of issue.
- Renewal Application: You can renew your license 90 days before expiration and up to 90 days after expiration. A fee of $32 is charged up to the date of expiration. After expiration, and up to 90 days later, the fee is $42. Once 90 days past expiration, it will be necessary to apply for a new license.
- Replacement Licenses: A license can be replaced if it is lost or the owner has a name or address change. The cost for a replacement is $10. If you have a Washington state drivers license, you are required by law to notify the Department of Licensing within 10 days of moving. The address on file with the Department of Licensing must be your residential address, even if you use a post office box or alternate mailing address.
- The Bellevue Police Department is able to accept the following forms of payment: Cash, check, Visa, and Mastercard.
Firearms Dealer Licenses
To obtain a firearms dealer license, please review these requirements. * Fingerprints must be taken for new applicants. For more information, please refer to the Department of Licensing, (Firearms Dealers License).