Meydenbauer Bay Park and Marina Projects
Receive email or text notification when this page is updated
Construction begins soon!
After years of planning, we expect to begin construction the week of May 1. Meydenbauer Beach Park will be closed throughout the project, which is expected to be completed in the fall of 2018. During construction, parking will be limited at the City of Bellevue Marina at Meydenbauer Bay. Changes to access and use include:
- During construction, the entrance to the City of Bellevue Marina from 99th Avenue will be closed.
- Tenants of the marina can access parking off of 100th Avenue NE.
- Marina parking, located on the east end of the parking lot between Piers 2 and 3, will be available for marina tenants only, with a designated load/unload area.
- Access on 99th Avenue NE will be restricted to tenants (and their approved guests) of Whaler's Cove.
Bellevue Park Rangers will monitor the parking lot.
During the peak of boating season and holiday weekends such as the Fourth of July and Seafair, parking will be a challenge. We advise marina tenants to pack their patience and consider alternative forms of transportation such as carpooling.
Visitor Moorage will be open for use after completion of the sewer project in early May.
One of the first activities that you can expect to see is the demolition of the two homes on 99th Avenue NE.
Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation during construction.
Projects and Progress
Visitor moorage accommodates 14 boats between Piers 2 and 3 in the Bellevue Marina. Access, moorage and restrooms meet ADA accessibility guidelines. Design of the facility was funded by Washington State's Recreation and Conservation Office (RCO). For hours, rules and other marina information, view the Bellevue Marina web page.
Marina contact information:
- Zarrian Smith, Contract Administrator - 425-452-4883
- Jon Abood, On-Site Caretaker at Bellevue Marina - 425-443-1090
Meydenbauer Bay Park Development - Phase 1
Park Development contact information - Scott VanderHyden, Project Manager, may be reached at at email@example.com or 425-452-4169.
Phase 1 design (below) is complete.
2010 Master Plan
View the presentation of the 90% design.
The City Council approved a contract with IMCO General Construction to build the first phase of Meydenbauer Bay Park. Construction will begin in early May and is expected to be complete by fall 2018. Project highlights include:
- Relocation and expansion of the public swimming beach
- Construction of a new beach house with restrooms and showers
- Creation of a curvilinear pedestrian pier and hand-carry boat launch
- Conversion of the lower portions of the existing park into a natural ravine
- Lake Washington Boulevard right-of-way improvements, including undergrounding of overhead power lines
- 99th Street parking lot and marina entrance improvements
- Walking paths, picnic areas, pedestrian promenade and children's play area.
Work will occur primarily west and northwest of 99th Avenue NE to connect with and expand the existing park, which will be closed during construction.