Contractors who want to learn about green construction can attend a training in April sponsored by the City of Bellevue. The Cascadia Region Green Building Council will present a step-by-step process for managing the construction of buildings that meet international standards for environmental sustainability.
"Build it LEED for Contractors" is set for Friday, April 17, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at City Hall, Room 1E-112. The training will prepare construction managers, general contractors, subcontractors, construction companies and builders to include green elements in their next projects. Meet Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) requirements in everything from preconstruction to documentation.
At this training, contractors will:
- Understand why LEED is such a big deal in the construction marketplace;
- Learn the 17 points in the LEED system that every contractor should know;
- Learn the complete management process for constructing a LEED project;
- Practice planning and documenting key LEED credit items; and
- Master "difficult" points that present a challenge on LEED projects.
Registration is required.
||Early Rate (until April 2)
|Students (limited availability)
Workshop attendees can buy the "Build it LEED" toolkit at a discounted price -- $325 instead of $399 for Cascadia members or $419 for non-members. The toolkit provides a step-by-step process of LEED project management, from preconstruction through documentation, including checklists for each phase, prepared forms for working with subcontractors and tools for preparing LEED documentation. The Toolkit also includes blank forms and tools on CD.
Return to News Release Index