The Terence Blanchard Quintet will headline the 2010 Bellevue Jazz Festival presented by First Tech Credit Union at the Theatre at Meydenbauer Center, June 3-6. Festival packages and individual tickets went on sale Thursday.
In addition to Blanchard, featured artists include:
- The Bad Plus
- Pat Martino
- Bill Charlap and Renee Rosnes plus Sachal Vasandani Quartet Seattle
- Repertory Jazz Orchestra also featuring the Bellevue Jazz Festival Rising Stars
Celebrating its third year, the Bellevue Jazz Festival will also stage more than 30 free performances and jam sessions led by top regional artists at venues throughout downtown Bellevue; the artists and schedule will be announced in April. All ticketed featured artist performances will be at the Theatre at Meydenbauer Center, 11100 NE Sixth St.
Tickets and Packages
In addition to online sales, tickets may be purchased by phone (800-838-3006) or at the Brown Paper Tickets box office at the Meydenbauer Center.
Discounted all-access and Saturday-marquee ticket packages are also available, offering up to a 30 percent savings. The all-access package ($119) includes premium seating to all featured performances, plus entry to a private reception. The Saturday-marquee package ($59) includes premium seating to both featured shows on Saturday, June 5.
Student discounts are available for all individual shows.
Featured Artist Schedule:
- Thursday, June 3, 7 p.m.: Seattle Repertory Jazz Orchestra, also featuring Bellevue Jazz Festival Rising Stars (tickets: $10-$20);
- Friday, June 4, 7 p.m.: The Bad Plus (tickets: $20-$30)
- Saturday, June 5, 2 p.m.: Pat Martino (tickets: $20-$30); 8 p.m.: Terence Blanchard Quintet (tickets: $40-$50);
- Sunday, June 6: 2 p.m.: Bill Charlap and Renee Rosnes plus Sachal Vasandani Quartet (tickets: $30-$40)
The Bellevue Jazz Festival is produced by the Bellevue Downtown Association, a nonprofit, member-based organization charged with promoting downtown Bellevue as the economic and cultural heart of the Eastside. 2010 Festival sponsors are First Tech Credit Union, the City of Bellevue, Microsoft, 4Culture and KPLU 88.5.
The past two festivals have featured Branford Marsalis Quartet, Dianne Reeves Strings Attached, Mingus Big Band, Spanish Harlem Orchestra, Kurt Elling, Patricia Barber, Mose Allison and Danilo Perez. The festival has presented top regional artists, such as the Seattle Repertory Jazz Orchestra, Thomas Marriott, Greta Matassa, Gail Pettis, Randy Halberstadt, Overton Berry, Hadley Caliman, Bill Anschell, Trish Hatley, Jon Hamar, Jose Gonzales, Dave Peterson, Music Works Jazz Orchestra and students from local high schools.
Return to News Release Index