Tickets for the 2011 Bellevue Jazz Festival, with Charles Lloyd and Regina Carter headlining, went on sale this morning at 9 a.m. Individual tickets and all-access passes for the June 1-5 event at the Theatre at Meydenbauer Center, are available at Bellevue Jazz.
In its fourth year as one of the city's major cultural events, the festival blends ticketed performances by top national artists with free performances by local musicians. The lineup and schedule for more than 40 performances by top regional jazz artists at satellite venues throughout downtown Bellevue will be released in May.
The nonprofit Bellevue Downtown Association organizes the jazz festival and the City of Bellevue is a sponsor. The featured artist schedule includes:
- Wednesday, June 1, 7:30 p.m.: Regina Carter's "Reverse Thread" ($28);
- Thursday, June 2, 7:30 p.m.: Chris Potter's Underground plus Michael Formanek Quartet ($28);
- Friday, June 3, 7:30 p.m.: Tierney Sutton Band plus Luis Perdomo Trio ($28);
- Saturday, June 4, 7:30 p.m.: Charles Lloyd Quartet featuring Zakir Hussain ($38, $78 VIP ticket for private artist reception); and
- Sunday, June 5, 3 p.m.: Seattle Repertory Jazz Orchestra plus the Festival's Rising Stars ($18)
"It's another powerhouse lineup," said Leslie Lloyd, the association's president and festival executive director. "These artists are at the height of their craft and bring great variety in style, appeal and instrumentation. The festival continues to grow with a strong foundation of support from fans, sponsors, local restaurants, hotels and other businesses, as well as the city."
Tickets and complete event details are available at Bellevue Jazz, and tickets may also be purchased by phone (800-838-3006) or at the Brown Paper Tickets box office at Meydenbauer Center in downtown Bellevue. Student discounts are available for all individual featured artist shows. Most satellite venue performances will be free.
Return to News Release Index