"Once a skateboarder, always a skateboarder, and they're going to skate no matter what," says recreation specialist Joe Moorman. "If there's a skate park, they're going to skate at the skate park. If there's a curb in front of their house, they're going to skate that curb."
With top-notch indoor and outdoor facilities for skateboarders and skaters, Bellevue offers hundreds of young skateboarders safe venues for their passion. Skateboarders at the Highland Skate Plaza and the Bellevue Skate Park are featured in this month's "It's Your City" television show.
Other segments on the show (available on channel 21 and any time via Bellevue TV) focus on:
- Volunteers In Action: Highlighting a volunteer who works with a group of shortwave radio enthusiasts who assist the city with communications during an emergency.
- Synthetic turf at Wilburton Park: The Wilburton Sports Field recently reopened with synthetic turf that makes it useable year-round.
- Car theft: Through the efforts of the Special Enforcement Team, Bellevue Police have dramatically reduced the number of car thefts in Bellevue, but car owners can help themselves too.
- Green Transportation Projects: Recent projects by the Transportation Department have gone "green."
- Food waste recycling: Susan Fife-Ferris shows us how easy it is to recycle kitchen food waste to save money and the environment.
- Natural yard care: Spring is here and Jerry Nissely gives us some tips on natural yard care.
Return to News Release Index