Worried about losing your home? Facing foreclosure? HUD-certified mortgage counselors and area lenders will offer guidance at a mortgage foreclosure prevention workshop at the Hyatt Regency in Bellevue on Friday, March 25.
Borrower Outreach Event
At the borrower outreach event, 1 to 7:30 p.m., borrowers can meet face-to-face with representatives from their mortgage lenders and/or local nonprofit HUD-certified housing counselors. Homeowners will gain a realistic understanding of their options.
People should bring documentation reflecting theirr total household income and expenses such as:
- Their last two paychecks.
- Other sources of income (rental, SSI or possibly unemployment benefits)
- Information about their mortgage (monthly mortgage statement, home equity lines of credit)
- Account balances and minimum monthly payments due on all credit cards and other debts (such as student loans and car loans)
- Bank account statements, including any savings or other assets; and
- Recurring monthly expenses (such as food, utilities, etc.).
There will be speakers and informational material.
Document Collection Event
At this event, on Friday, March 26, 1 to 7 p.m., homeowners with loan modification packages already in process can receive assistance and submit missing documentation.
Both of these free events will be at the Hyatt Regency Bellevue, 900 Bellevue Way NE. The workshop is sponsored by NeighborWorks America, Making Home Affordable and Hope Now. ARCH (A Regional Coalition for Housing) and the City of Bellevue are supporting partners.
Return to News Release Index