Plans Submittal Requirements
Plans for property improvements, including built-in fire protection systems such as automatic sprinklers, standpipes and fire alarms, should be submitted to the City of Bellevue Development Services division. If a site plan is not required for a building permit, but built-in fire protection facilities are planned, please consult the Fire Prevention Plan Review Desk directly (see contact information in the right column).
When site plans are submitted to Development Services
The Fire Department will want the following information:
- Location and configuration of the property improvement, showing its relationship to the property lines and nearest streets, roadways, alleys or fire department access routes;
- Location of existing underground water mains, the diameter of those water mains, fire hydrant locations;
- Location, width, overhead obstructions and construction of all streets, roadways, alleys, bridges, fire lanes or fire department access routes on the site to be improved;
- Location of any temporary and/or permanent fences, walls, gates, arches, beams or any other security or ornamental features that may affect Fire Department access to and on the site during construction and occupancy;
- Location of any unusual or remarkable topographic features, landscaping, vegetation or other features that may affect Fire Department access to and on the site during construction and occupancy.
EXCEPTION: When a project developer has submitted a preliminary site plan for review by the Fire Department, any or all of the above requirements may be waived.
When a site plan is not required and fire protection plans are submitted to the Fire Department
Plans and specifications (shop drawings and product data) for fixed fire protection systems, including automatic fire sprinkler systems, fire extinguishing systems, fire detection and alarm systems and fire standpipe systems, shall be submitted to the the Fire Prevention Review Desk (see contact information in the right column) prior to installation.
Plans and specifications shall include at least the information specified in the tables of Appendix A, of the Bellevue Fire Department Development Standards (BFDDS), and shall include specifications manuals and manufacturers catalog displays of all components of the fixed fire protection system. Note that the Appendix contains “checklists” that are to be completed and submitted with the appropriate drawings for certain types of systems.
Additional submittal requirements may be required for certain Fire Protection Systems. Please see the first sections of each Fire System, as listed in the table of contents in the BFDDS.