Fire Chief Recruitment
|The fire chief recruitment has been put on hold temporarily. We will announce here when it is resumed.|
The City of Bellevue has begun a national search (job posting) for a new fire chief to lead one of the finest fire departments in the country. City Manager Brad Miyake will appoint the new chief.
The Mercer Group is the executive search firm assisting the city in hiring the next fire chief. Input from staff, residents, local businesses and other stakeholders has been solicited as the city considers the qualities the new fire chief ideally will possess. During the recruitment process, Deputy Chief Mark Risen is serving as interim chief.
Your input will help to make this recruitment successful, and there are a number of ways you can provide input: community meetings; a survey; emailing your input directly to COBFireChiefRecruitment@bellevuewa.gov or commenting anonymously.
The survey, which you are invited to participate in, and facilitated discussions at meetings focus on the following questions:
- Please describe the most critical issue(s) you would like to see the new fire chief address in his/her first year on the job?
- What do you feel are the strengths of the Bellevue Fire Department, from your experience and viewpoint?
- What do you feel are the weaknesses or limitations of the fire department, from your experience and viewpoint?
- What personal and professional characteristics would you like to see in the new fire chief?
- If desired, please submit two questions you would like the recruitment consultants to ask when interviewing potential candidates.
Schedule for Recruitment
| Stakeholder and Community Meetings
| Application Period
| Applicant Screening