Outdoor Park Reservation Procedures
Bellevue invites you to celebrate your next corporate, family or social gathering at one of our beautiful parks. Choose from a variety of picnic and outdoor wedding sites that range from scenic waterfront beach parks to a picturesque working farm. Bellevue's parks are conveniently located near Puget Sound metropolitan areas – 15 minutes from Seattle, 45 minutes from Tacoma and 30 minutes from Snohomish County.
Requests for picnic areas are accepted starting January 23, 2013 for Bellevue residents and Bellevue businesses, and starting February 20 for everyone else.
Check park availability
The Park Use Guidelines provide all the information you will need to reserve a park, including fees, information on when to reserve, what to submit and how to submit a request to make a reservation. It also contains important information about park codes and special uses allowed in the parks.
To view a matrix of all parks with picnic sites available for reservation, please view the Picnic Site Information.
Park Use Fees - this document breaks out fees into park sites with shelters, park sites without shelters, and then by half-day or full-day use, based upon week days or weekends.
To reserve a site within a park - complete a Park Reservation Request Form with your signature, and submit it with full payment a minimum of five business days prior to your reservation date.
Park Special Uses - If you'd like to have one of the following special uses at your event, complete a Park Special Use Form with your initials and submit it with full payment. Note that all requirements on the form must be met a minimum of 10 business days prior to your reservation date for the special uses to be approved.
- Catered event - A caterer is defined as a person or company being paid to prepare and/or serve food in the park. Having food dropped off is not considered a catered event.
- Inflatable ride (formerly referred to as a Big Toy/Inflatable) - Only Certified Amusement Ride Operators are permitted in Bellevue parks. Visit the Washington State Department of Labor & Industries web page to view a list of approved operators - http://www.lni.wa.gov/TradesLicensing/Electrical/AmuseRide/LicensedOperators.asp
- Other entertainment - Special uses includes hiring a company to provide other forms of entertainment, such as laser tag, team-building activities, tumble bus, etc.
- Equipment providers - Special uses includes hiring a company to provide quipment such as tables, chairs, tents, staging, etc., if the vendor is staying on site in the park to set-up and/or take-down any equipment. If you are having a tent with sidewalls larger than 400 square feet, or if you have a combination of tents open on all sides that exceed 700 square feet, a permit is required from the Fire Department. Please see http://www.bellevuewa.gov/pdf/Fire/f-41_tents_membranes.pdf for more information, or call 425-452-6872. Tents must be weighed down and not staked into the ground to prevent damage to irrigation and drainage systems.
- Vehicle access - Special uses includes vehicle access in the Downtown Park's center lawn or Wilburton Hill Park's picnic site beyond the parking lot.
- Selling concessions
- Charging admission
Need an activity for your event? We have game kits available for rent and table covers for purchase. See the Rental Equipment and Party Supplies information sheet.
If you would like to rent game kits only, or purchase table covers without reserving a park site, please complete an Equipment Only Request Form. Submit it with your signature and full payment including applicable security deposit(s).