Bellevue Energy Smart Campaign
Bellevue is in the running for a $5 million Georgetown University Energy Prize. If enough residents cut their energy use as part of our "Energy Smart" campaign, we could win.
Take the Bellevue Energy Smart Pledge, and be entered to win cool prizes such as solar chargers and smart power strips that could start you saving energy and money.
Bellevue is in the semifinal round (fifth place) of the Georgetown University Energy Prize, a national competition that challenges small- and medium-sized communities to develop and implement creative, sustainable and replicable strategies to save energy. As a community, we have been trying to cut as much energy use as possible in residential, municipal and school buildings throughout 2015 and 2016.
You can save energy, reduce your utility bills and help us win the prize, by taking the following simple steps at home:
- Turn off and unplug electronics when you leave the house;
- Turn on lights only in rooms you are in;
- Wash clothes in cold water;
- Shower for five to seven minutes with a high-efficiency shower head;
- Turn down your thermostat to 65 degrees Farenheit at bedtime; and
- Call Puget Sound Energy to schedule a Home Energy Assessment.
Greenwa.org offers even more energy-saving ideas.