Bellevue’s vision for economic development is contained in the city’s Comprehensive Plan. The Economic Development Element sets the direction with one overarching goal: to pursue a strong local economy consistent with a sustainable natural environment and a high quality of life. In this way, the city can provide:
- Employment and other economic opportunities for residents of Bellevue and the central Puget Sound region;
- Vibrant commercial areas to serve the needs of the city and region; and
- A solid tax base to support local services.
In addition there are six sub-goals and 38 policies to implement this vision. The six sub-goals address key areas for concentrated city attention are:
- Economic climate
- Community livability and economic growth
- Planning and infrastructure
- Maintaining and revitalizing commercial areas
- Business marketing, retention and recruitment
- City development strategies
In other words, Bellevue’s vision is to have a stable, sustainable and strong economy. Additional county and regional economic policies can be found at King County and Puget Sound Regional Council .