Popular Pages How Do I... Apply Check Status Find Get Involved Pay Report Request See About Bellevue City Profile Economic
Human Services Neighborhoods Planning Initiatives Accessibility City Hall Emergency City Government Departments Public Safety Publications Services A-Z
Available Languages

Development Services Records

Back to Public Records

Development Services Permit Records manages permitted building construction permits, construction plans and land use review files. Requests for records can be submitted in advance by filling out a request form or using the contact information in the right column.

Request building and land use permit records

Frequently Asked Questions   Requests / Review / Copies / Other

Can I view copies of records right away or do I have to wait once I order them from you?
Permit records issued or closed in the past two years are typically kept on-site, and are available for review the same day they are requested. After two years, permit files are transferred to off-site storage, and take approximately three to five business days before they are available for review.

Submitting your request prior to coming to City Hall is a great way to ensure that all records are ready and waiting for you regardless of where they are stored.

Do I have to come into City Hall to submit a request for records?
No. Submitting a request for records prior to visiting City Hall will ensure your request has been processed ahead of time. You can make an online request  for property records ask staff for them by email or telephone at: 425-452-7914.

How long will it take staff to respond to a request I submit online or via email?
Most requests will be processed and responded to within two to three business days. Staff will contact you via email or phone with a specific timeline in the event that the scope of your request is large and will take additional processing time.

How far back do you have records?
The answer to this question can vary based on the area the property is located and the time frame of when the permit was applied for. It is best to contact Development Services Records either by telephone at: 425-452-7914 or by email to find out whether or not we have the files for a property.

Staff will direct you to the King County DDES Records Department at: 206-296-6696 for property records issued before 1953, and for unincorporated areas not located in Bellevue city limits.

What type of permit activities result in a permit file that is available for review?
A list of activities resulting in records to review is available.

Do you have building records for Medina, Hunts Point, Clyde Hill or other surrounding jurisdictions?
We do not have building or land use records for Medina, Clyde Hill or Hunts Point. You will need to contact these jurisdictions directly for copies of building permits. Records relating to fire inspections, emergency response and utilities permitting in those cities handled by the City of Bellevue may be requested through an online request.

Do I have to come into City Hall to review records?
You will need to come to City Hall to review records. Our front counter is located on the first floor of City Hall, to the right of the Service First desk.  Records will be available for review in the records viewing room.

Can I check out a permit file and take it back to my office for review?
All permit files need to stay on-site to ensure they are protected and available for ongoing public review. We can make copies of the entire contents of the permit file at a competitive rate and flexible turnaround time to meet your needs.

Can I get copies of Building Permit records?
Copies of building permit records are available. Staff can produce copies at the time of your visit, or may suggest sending them to our copy center for a lower price. Copy costs are as follows:

8.5" x 11"     $0.15 per printed page
8.5" x 14"     $0.15 per printed page
11" x 17"     $0.50 per printed page
Large-format Plans and Maps $3.50

Copies can also be outsourced to our off-site vendor at a lower rate. More information is available on the city's Public Records Fee Schedule.

Are copies available in electronic format (via email or CD)?
While we do not currently offer full conversion services, we can work with you to provide electronic copies. Documents that are 11" x 17" or smaller can be scanned and sent to requestors via email. Larger records, including building plans, can be sent to one of our vendors for conversion to electronic format (typically PDF).

Can you scan everything and email it to me without me having to come in to review records?
While many records can be provided electronically, customers have found that it is better to come to City Hall to review the contents of the file before copies are selected. In this way you can make sure you are getting the information you're looking for and avoid delays or the need to request additional files.

Are code enforcement files available at the Development Services Permit counter?
Requests for code enforcement files should be directed to the city's public records officer and can be submitted in an online request.

Are new building permits issued by Development Services Records staff?
No. New building permit files are issued by Permit Processing staff. The Development Services Department offers information on how to apply for a permit.

How do I find the owner of a property?
We only have the name of the applicant who last applied for a permit on any particular property. Contact the King County Assessor for property owner information.

Are copies of business licenses available from Development Services Records?
Development Services Records does not have business licenses. Contact the Bellevue Tax Division about business licenses.

Contact Information

Development Services Records
450 110th Ave. NE
Bellevue, WA 98009
Phone: 425-452-7914
E-mail: dsrecords@bellevuewa.gov
Business Hours: Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Wednseday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.)

Customer Assistance

Related Links