Councilmember Jennifer Robertson
Councilmember 1/1/09 - 12/31/19
Deputy Mayor 1/2/12 - 12/31/13
biography in PDF
Jennifer Robertson is a three-term City Councilmember. First elected in 2009, she served as deputy mayor in 2012 and 2013. She was re-elected to the council in 2011 and again in 2015.
Jennifer was part of the council’s Light Rail Leadership Group, which negotiated the $160 million East Link tunnel funding agreement, cost-sharing and final route alignment. Due to her advocacy, at-grade crossings were largely eliminated in Bellevue. Jennifer also co-authored the council’s 20-year vision for Bellevue, which has helped drive the city’s agenda since it was adopted in May 2014.
Jennifer represents Bellevue on the regional E911 Strategic Plan Committee, the King County Growth Management Planning Council, the Association of Washington Cities Legislative Affairs Committee and, as an alternate, the Puget Sound Regional Council Transportation Policy Board. She also serves on the Washington State Heritage Trust Board of Trustees.
Jennifer is the council liaison to the Parks and Community Services Board, East Bellevue Community Council, Bellevue Library Board and Bellevue Sister Cities Association.
Jennifer is an attorney specializing in land use and municipal law and practices with Northwest Urban Law, PLLC. Prior to joining the City Council, she served on the Bellevue Planning Commission for six years, including a term as chair, and co-chaired Bellevue’s Light Rail Best Practices Committee.
Jennifer volunteers in Bellevue schools, and served as a member of its Fiscal Advisory Committee. She was a member of the Bellevue Philharmonic Orchestra Board of Directors. She has been an active Girl Scout volunteer since 2004 and has been a troop leader since 2011.
Jennifer holds a law degree from Willamette University, cum laude, and a bachelor's degree in economics from University of Puget Sound.
She and her husband Scott reside in the Somerset neighborhood and have three daughters.
Council Assignments and Appointments
- Association of Washington Cities Legislative Committee (through 5/16)
- Washington State Heritage Board of Trustees
- E911 Strategic Plan Scoping Committee Leadership Group
- King County Growth Management Planning Council
- King County Growth Management Planning Council Executive Committee
- Puget Sound Regional Council – Transportation Policy Board (alternate)
- Bellevue Electrical Reliability Study Stakeholder Meetings
- East Bellevue Community Council
- Library Board
- Parks and Community Services Board
- Sister Cities Association
Past Council Assignments and Appointments
- Washington State Heritage Trust Board of Trustees
- Puget Sound Regional Council Economic Development District Board
- Bellevue School Board Liaison
- Environmental Services Commission Liaison
- Puget Sound Regional Council Growth Management Policy Board
- Association of Washington Cities Nominating Committee
- Municipal Research and Services Center Board of Directors
- Planning Commission Liaison
- Parks & Community Services Board Liaison
- Eastgate/I-90 Citizens Advisory Committee Liaison
- Bellevue School District Fiscal Advisory Committee Member
- Girl Scout Leader, 2011-PresentAdvisor Bridle Trails Park Foundation, 2010-Present
- Bellevue Philharmonic Orchestra Board of Directors, 2010
- Bellevue School Board, 2010
- Bellevue Planning Commissioner, 2003-2009
- Co-Chair Light Rail Best Practices Committee, 2007-2008
- Somerset Elementary PTSA Board, Legislative Affairs Chair, 2005-2009
- Coordinator of Bellevue/Mercer Island Girl Scout “Cookies for Soldiers,” 2005-2007
- Somerset Community Association, Covenant Review Committee, 2002-2003
- Bellevue Schools Volunteer, 2003-Present
- Girl Scout Volunteer, 2004-Present
- Northwest Urban Law, PLLC 2014-Present
- Jennifer Robertson, Principal, 2000-2010
- Ogden Murphy Wallace, PLLC, Attorney, 1996-2000
- Davies Pearson, PC, Attorney, 1993-1996
- Marion County District Attorney’s Office, Juvenile Division, Court Certified Law Clerk, 1992-1993
- Certificate in Dispute Resolution
- Advance Bellevue Leadership Program Certificate
- Willamette University, Doctorate of Jurisprudence, cum laude
- University of Puget Sound, Bachelor of Arts, Economics