Compensation and Benefits
Job Classifications and Current Pay Plans
Please click on the links below to view the City of Bellevue's job classifications and current pay plans:
- Job Classifications
- Current Pay Plans are effective January 1, 2014, unless noted otherwise. Pay ranges highlighted in color are 2013 rates, which remain in effect pending labor contract settlement.
2013 Pay Plans
2012 Pay Plans
Eligible employees receive the following benefits:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, survivor and long-term disability insurance plans offered in a modular choice package.
- Paid vacation and sick leave, provided on an accrual basis.
- 10 paid holidays and two personal holidays a year.
- Three retirement savings programs available:*
- Depending on eligibility, mandatory participation in the Washington Department of Retirement Systems (PERS, LEOFF or PSERS).
- Optional participation in the City of Bellevue Employees' Retirement and Benefit Plan, also known as Municipal Employee's Benefit Trust (MEBT), a 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer contributions that vest on a 10-year schedule. (Detailed Plan information)
- Optional participation in the City of Bellevue Section 457 Deferred Compensation Plan, allowing tax-deferred savings and direction of investments into mutual fund investment options through Great West Financial.
*The City of Bellevue does not participate in Social Security. As such, employees do not contribute to, nor do they earn Social Security credit while employed with the city. The mandatory state retirement plans provide the required Social Security replacement for employees. Any Social Security benefits earned at other places of employment may be reduced because they are subject to the Windfall Elimination Provision and the Government Pension Offset.