Sections of several downtown streets will close Sunday, Oct. 14, for various lengths of time between 7 a.m. and noon during a 5K walk in support of breast cancer awareness and research.
The sixth annual "Puget Sound Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk" starts at 9 a.m. at Downtown Park, 10201 N.E. Fourth St., and heads south to Southeast 16th Street before looping back to the park.
Segments of the following streets will be closed in the directions indicated:
- eastbound Northeast Fourth Street from Downtown Park;
- southbound Bellevue Way;
- southbound 104th Avenue Southeast;
- westbound Southeast 16th Street;
- northbound 100th Avenue Southeast, 97th Place Southeast, 99th Avenue Southeast and 101st Avenue Southeast;
- westbound on Main Street;
- northbound on 100th Avenue Northeast; and
- eastbound on Northeast Fourth Street to Downtown Park.
Other road closures and detours will affect Main Street in both directions from 100th to 102nd Avenue; westbound Northeast First Street from 100th to 102nd Avenue Northeast; and westbound Southeast Third Street from 100th to 102nd Avenue Southeast.
For more information and a course map, visit the event website.
Return to News Release Index