As Bellevue's annual downtown arts festival approaches, visitors are urged to take advantage of free shuttle buses to minimize disruptions caused by big crowds and street closures for the Bellevue Arts Museum ArtsFair, the Sixth Street Fair and the Festival of Arts. Last year, an estimated 350,000 people attended.
The festivities take place over three days, July 25-27. Free shuttle buses will run frequently on Saturday, July 26, from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., and on Sunday, July 27, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Riders can catch the shuttles downtown and at three Park & Ride locations: South Bellevue (Bellevue Way Southeast and 112th Avenue Southeast), South Kirkland (108th Avenue Northeast and Northeast 38th Place) and Houghton (Interstate 405 and Northeast 70th Place).
The free service is provided by the City of Bellevue, the Bellevue Downtown Association, Bellevue Arts Museum and the Bellevue Festival of the Arts. Last year, there were more than 3,900 boardings from the lots.
For those who drive to the fairs, the Bellevue Downtown Association will provide free parking Saturday and Sunday at Griffin Parking Lot, 10801 N.E. Eighth St.
During the arts festivals, several roads will be closed and drivers should expect congestion throughout downtown Bellevue. Closures include:
- 100th Avenue Northeast: Southbound lanes will close from Northeast Eighth Street to Northeast 10th Street on Thursday, July 24, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., and on Sunday, July 27, from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- 102nd Avenue Northeast: Closed from Northeast Eighth Street to Northeast 10th Street on Friday, July 25, at 6 a.m., reopening at 11 p.m. on Sunday, July 27. Local access will be provided to business driveways via Northeast 10th Street.
- 106th Avenue Northeast: Closed from Northeast Fourth Street to Northeast Eighth Street on Thursday, July 24, at 6 p.m., re-opening at 11 p.m. on Sunday, July 27. Local access will be provided to business driveways.
- Northeast Sixth Street: Closed from Bellevue Way to 106th Avenue Northeast on Thursday, July 24, at 6 p.m., reopening at 11 p.m. on Sunday, July 27.
- Northeast 10th Street: Westbound lanes will close from 106th Avenue Northeast to 108th Avenue Northeast on Thursday, July 24, from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m., and on Sunday, July 27, from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.
It's the 62nd year for the Bellevue Arts Museum ArtsFair, formerly called the Bellevue Arts and Crafts Fair. This year's edition is presented by Microsoft Corp.
ArtsFair will again be held at the Bellevue Arts Museum and at the Bellevue Collection, on Bellevue Way Northeast between Northeast Eighth Street and Northeast Fourth Street. It will feature the work of 325 artists. Kidsfair, presented by the Seattle Times, will be at the museum, located at 510 Bellevue Way Northeast.
Close by, at Northeast Sixth Street and 106th Avenue Northeast, is the Sixth Street Fair, a wide-ranging display of sculpture, jewelry, home décor, wood and glass work, fabrics and more. The fair, presented by Bank of America, features more than 120 artists, a variety of foods for sale, and live music.
A short distance north of Bellevue Square is the Festival of Arts, now in its 24th year. Located at the Cost Plus World Market parking lot, 10300 NE. Eighth St., it will offer jewelry, photography, textiles, fine art, woodworking, sculpture and ceramics. The Festival is produced by the Craft Cooperative of the Northwest.
Return to News Release Index