The City of Bellevue delivers excellent services. Confident that its workforce serves the community efficiently and well, with the best tools and training, the city began seeking national accreditation for its operating departments in the late 1990s.
Today, Bellevue is one of just a few cities across the country where every major operating department has earned accreditation from a respected evaluating agency.
- The Fire Department is accredited by the Commission on Fire Accreditation International;
- The Parks and Community Services Department is accredited by the Commission for Accreditation of Park and Recreation Agencies;
- The Police Department is accredited by the Commission for the Accreditation of Law Enforcement Agencies;
- The Transportation Department is accredited by the American Public Works Association; and
- The Utilities Department is also accredited by the American Public Works Association.
In addition to these accreditations, the Finance Department has received the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial reporting from the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada every year since 1983.