The City of Bellevue's concerted environmental stewardship efforts are the focus of a special edition of Bellevue Television's "It's Your City." The episode, "Bellevue in Balance," began airing on Friday, April 11, and is now available for streaming online.
Hosted by Mayor Grant Degginger and Deputy Mayor Claudia Balducci, the April "It's Your City" features ways Bellevue is making small changes that will have a big impact on the health of our environment and the well-being of future generations.
Over the years, Bellevue's environmental programs have helped earn the city the nickname, "City in a Park." Last year, the City Council adopted an expanded environmental stewardship initiative.
Environmental stewardship measures highlighted in the television program include:
- Reduction of greenhouse gas emissions to combat global warming and improve air quality;
- Preservation of the city's tree canopy;
- New leadership in recycling;
- Maintenance of the Kelsey Creek watershed for people, fish and wildlife and;
- Tips for residents about small changes they can make to help reduce their "carbon footprints."
"It's Your City" is an award-winning news magazine show airing several times each month on Cable Channel 21 (and available through streaming video any time on the city's website.
Bellevue TV, which the city established in 1995 in a partnership with Bellevue Community College, features coverage of the Bellevue City Council, the State Legislature, local community events and special programming on issues of importance to Bellevue residents.
Return to News Release Index