The Bellevue Neighborhood Mediation Program, which provides conflict resolution services to those who live, work or go to school in Bellevue, will offer training in conflict management and negotiation in January.
Covering conflict theory, communication skills building and negotiation techniques, the four training sessions, a total of 24 hours, cost $295 and will focus on:
- Communication skills to de-escalate tensions;
- Identifying the "zone of agreement" in money negotiations;
- Crafting creative solutions to nuisance disputes;
- Managing situations when values and emotions are high; and
- Identifying how culture and gender influence negotiation style.
The training is offered at City Hall, and attendance at all sessions is required.
- Wednesday, Jan. 18, 5 - 9 p.m.
- Friday, Jan. 20, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Wednesday, Jan. 25, 5 - 9 p.m.
- Friday, Jan. 27, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
To register, contact Gwen Jones (425-452-4091 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Return to News Release Index