To help residents going to Seafair by boat, the City of Bellevue is adding staff, lifeguards and off-site parking for the Southeast 40th Street Boat Launch over the weekend.
On Friday, Saturday and Sunday (Aug. 5-7), from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., lifeguards and other staff will assist with launching boats at 118th Avenue Southeast and Southeast 40th Street. Extra parking will be available at Newport High School, 4333 Factoria Blvd. SE. People using the off-site parking must provide their own transportation to and from the boat launch.
Launching Fees and Hours
- The launching fee is $13 for people who do not have a season pass.
- To accommodate incoming boats, no launching will be permitted after 4 p.m. on Sunday.
- Children 12 and under are required to wear life jackets in boats less than 19 feet long.
- Personal flotation devices for all passengers are required on all watercraft.
- It is illegal to consume alcoholic beverages while operating watercraft.
The state Department of Transportation will close Interstate 90 to all vehicles, pedestrians and cyclists, eastbound and westbound between Interstate 5 in Seattle and Island Crest Way on Mercer Island, during Seafair events.
- Thursday, Aug. 4: 9:45 a.m. - noon and 1:15 - 2:30 p.m., (Practice)
- Friday, Aug. 5: 12:45 p.m. - 2:40 p.m., (Practice)
- Saturday, Aug. 6: 12:45 p.m. - 2:40 p.m., (Full show)
- Sunday, Aug. 7: 12:45 p.m. - 2:40 p.m., (Full show)
* The I-90 bridge will be closed to pedestrians and cyclists up to 30 minutes prior to posted closure times.
For more information, visit http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/northwest/king/seafair.
Return to News Release Index