According to the most recent data, the number of students who qualified for a free or reduced-price lunch last year increased to 21 percent, up more than 3 percent over the previous year. To help support families in need this season, the City of Bellevue is holding food and toy drives.
Food Drive, Nov. 1 - Dec. 16
The Parks & Community Services Department is hosting this annual event to collect food for distribution to Bellevue families and individuals in need through local food assistance programs. Non-perishable food can be donated at the following locations:
- City Hall, 450 110th Ave. NE
- Crossroads Mini City Hall, 15600 NE Eighth St.
- Bellevue Aquatic Center, 601 143rd Ave. NE
- Bellevue Golf Course, 5450 140th Ave. NE
- Crossroads Community Center, 16000 NE 10th St.
- Highland Community Center, 14224 Bel-Red Rd.
- Kelsey Creek Park, 410 130th Pl. SE
- North Bellevue Community Center, 4063 148th Ave. NE
- Northwest Arts Center, 9825 NE 24th St.
- Parks Resource Management, 16023 NE Eighth St.
- Robinswood Tennis Center, 2400 151st Pl. SE
- South Bellevue Community Center, 14509 SE Newport Way
For more information, e-mail NWAC@bellevuewa.gov or call 425-452-4106.
Holiday Toy Drive, Nov. 14 – Dec. 24
Donations are requested to help provide toys and other age-appropriate holiday gifts to infants, children and teens for families in need. Donations of new, unwrapped toys and gifts for infants, children and teens can be dropped at any Bellevue fire station:
- Station One, 766 Bellevue Way SE (Downtown/West Bellevue)
- Station Two, 2802 148th Ave. SE (Eastgate/Lake Hills/W. Lake Sammamish)
- Station Three, 16100 NE Eighth St. (Crossroads/Northeast Bellevue)
- Station Four, 4216 Factoria Blvd. SE (Factoria/Somerset)
- Station Five, 9621 NE 24th St. (Northwest Bellevue)
- Station Six, 1850 132nd Ave. NE (Bridle Trails/Wilburton)
- Station Seven, 11900 SE Eighth St. (Wilburton/Woodridge)
- Station Eight, 5701 Lakemont Blvd. SE (Eastgate/Cougar Mountain)
- Station Nine, 12412 SE 69th Way (Newport)
Gifts received by Dec. 10 will be distributed on Dec. 14 at the annual Crossroads Community Center Holiday Celebration, an event that features a visit from Santa and Mrs. Claus, refreshments and entertainment. Children and teens from families in need are eligible to receive a free, age-appropriate gift and each child or teen must be present to receive a gift.
The Bellevue Firefighters Community Support Foundation has sponsored the Holiday Toy Drive to benefit Crossroads Community Center for the past several years. The Parks & Community Services Department is hosting the annual Crossroads Community Center Holiday Celebration with the help of many partners, including St. Louise Catholic Church and Prudential Northwest Realty.
For more information about toy donations or the Crossroads Holiday Celebration, call Crossroads Community Center at 425-452-4874.
Return to News Release Index