2017 Bellevue Property Taxes
Due to last year’s voter-approved initiatives and levies, residents will see an increase in their 2017 property tax rate.
Property taxes are collected and assessed exclusively by King County. King County Treasury collects property taxes on behalf of the state, cities and taxing districts, and then distributes the revenue to local governments, such as the City of Bellevue. Residential property is assessed each year at its full market value by the King County Assessor.
This year’s property tax bills were mailed by the county on Feb. 10.
Where does the money go? The most common property tax rate in Bellevue is $8.72 per $1000 of assessed value, with over 80 percent of properties falling into this category. Using this common rate and median Bellevue house value of $690,000 as an example, the total annual tax from 2016 to 2017 will increase by about $400. Of that increase:
- $190 is for the Bellevue Voted Levies;
- $172 is for Sound Transit 3;
- With the remaining $38 going towards other items.
For the $8.72 tax rate, 13 percent, or $1.14 per $1000 of assessed value, is returned to the city. The remaining 87 percent goes to many other jurisdictions. You can find a complete breakdown by clicking on the pie chart below.
Click on image for larger picture.
Please contact the Finance Department at FinanceDepartment@bellevuewa.gov or 425-452-5281.