Receive email or text notification for the latest on the budget process
People interested in following and/or providing input for the development of the 2015-16 budget will have many opportunities to participate in the process between now and December, when the City Council will approve the budget, including:
- Public hearings;
- Communications at council meetings;
- Emails to the City Council;
- Board and commission meetings; and
- Finance Department presentations upon request.
Details about these public involvement tools are available here. Upcoming public involvement opportunities are listed in the table below, along with relevant documents:
The City Council will hold three public hearings on the 2015-2016 budget to provide stakeholders multiple opportunities to officially comment on it. Two public hearings, one in May and the other in July, are held prior to the submission of the preliminary budget to the council, offer residents and other stakeholders the opportunity to let the council know what issues are important to them. The third hearing, in November after the council receives the preliminary budget, provides interested parties the chance to address new budget proposals, and comment on significant budget issues. Council Agendas
Oral Communications at Council Meetings
To speak during Oral Communications, you do not need to sign up in advance.
Written and Oral Communications to Council
To provide comments or request information from councilmembers, please email (listed below) or call the main Council office at 452-452-7810 (to leave message).
Boards and Commissions
Five city boards and commissions provide input on the budget process.
- Transportation Commission: provides funding recommendations on the Capital Investment Progam (CIP) budget.
- Environmental Services Commission: provides funding recommendations on both the operating and CIP budgets.
- Parks & Community Services Board: provides funding recommendations on the CIP budget.
- Human Services Commission: provides funding recommendation on human services (City/CDBG).
- Arts Commission: provides input on arts funding in budget.
Presentations to Neighborhood Groups, Business Associations and Others
The Finance Department will give presentations about the budget upon request to any group. Please contact us (425-452-5281 or FinanceDepartment@bellevuewa.gov).
Information Provided Upon Request
Finally, the Finance Department responds to any communication received regarding the budget process. Please contact us (425-452-5281 or FinanceDepartment@bellevuewa.gov).