Do you have a startup business that is experiencing some internal conflicts?
Harvard Business School data show that 65 percent of startups fail because they can't negotiate and resolve their own conflicts. In partnership with the Office of Economic Development, Neighborhood Mediation is now ready to help through Startup425Resolve.
Give Startup425Resolve a call if you and your team have conflicts involving issues such as:
- Roles and accountability
- Goal clarity
- Time management
- Differing cultural interpretations
- Communication differences
- Data vs. concept focused
- Task vs. relationship focused
- Different styles, strategies, priorities
- Company dissolution/merger.
Our well-trained staff and volunteers can help you in a number of ways:
- Listen to you so you can sort things out for yourself.
- Coach you on how to see things differently and have difficult conversations.
- Negotiate between you over the phone until you feel comfortable with each other.
- Facilitate an in-person conversation amongst team members.
- Teach you how to manage differences through our classes.
Our services are:
- No charge to people who work or live in Bellevue.
- Culturally sensitive.
- An alternative to litigation.
Tips for managing your conflicts with team members:
Act soon. The longer a conflict goes on the harder it is to resolve it.
Own your own stuff. Ask first what part of this is about you instead of blaming.
Beware of assumptions! Assess what it is you are assuming about the other person but don’t know for sure.
Be grateful. Think about what you appreciate about the other.
Make it simple. Figure out what it is you need from the other in concrete terms. Formulate a simple question requesting this need.
Listen silently. Put aside your own agenda and reactions and listen fully, without interruption, to what the other has to say.
Be open. Be ready to make a change in the way you do or understand things.
Make a plan. Together make a plan for how you are going to move forward, honoring one another's needs and differences.
Startup425Resolve is in cooperation with the City of Bellevue's Economic Development project, Startup425, which is designed to help Startups on the Eastside succeed.
To find out more, call us at 425-452-4091, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.