Following the recent retirement of Bellevue's fire chief, city officials want to hear from the community as they prepare to launch a nationwide search for a new chief.
Residents and anyone else interested in the fire chief recruitment process, are invited to a public meeting to provide input. The event will be 6-7:30 p.m., Thursday, August 7, at City Hall, Room 1E-108. Light refreshments will be provided. Feedback also may be provided via an online survey, or by email at COBFireChiefRecruitment@bellevuewa.gov.
The purpose of the meeting is to obtain community input to help the city attract and select the best candidates for the position. During this meeting, attendees will be asked:
- Please describe the most critical issue(s) you would like to see the new fire chief address in his/her first year on the job?
- What do you feel are the strengths of the Bellevue Fire Department, from your experience and viewpoint?
- What do you feel are the weaknesses or limitations of the fire department, from your experience and viewpoint?
- What personal and professional characteristics would you like to see in the new fire chief?
- If desired, please submit two questions you would like the recruitment consultants to ask when interviewing potential candidates.
The meeting will be accessible to persons with disabilities. Anyone needing special assistance should contact City Hall during business hours, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., by calling 425-452-6800, or email ServiceFirst@bellevuewa.gov.
Return to News Release Index