Those driving to the nationally recognized Symetra Bellevue Family 4th festivities on Wednesday should anticipate several traffic changes intended to help attendees get home safely and minimize delays.
The annual July 4 event at the Bellevue Downtown Park, 10201 Northeast Fourth St., runs from 2 to 10:30 p.m. Attractions will include: live entertainment; a Family Fun Zone with jugglers, mascots, inflatables and games; a C-17 flyover; and Bellevue Fire Department Honor Guard.
The fireworks display begins at 10:05 p.m. and will be accompanied by a live performance of the Bellevue Youth Symphony Orchestra, along with former members of the Bellevue Philharmonic.
Before the fireworks, at approximately 9:45 p.m., some streets near Downtown Park will be closed to vehicle traffic: Northeast Fourth Street, from 100th Avenue to Bellevue Way; and 100th Avenue Northeast, from Northeast First to Northeast Fifth street. After the fireworks, the following road restrictions will be put in place to help clear traffic leaving downtown:
- Right turns will be prohibited from 100th Avenue Northeast to Northeast Eighth Street; drivers may turn right on Northeast 10th Street.
- Right turns will be prohibited from eastbound Northeast 10th Street to all side streets between 100th Avenue and Interstate 405. Access to I-405 from 10th will be via 116th Avenue Northeast and south to Northeast Eighth Street.
- Left turns will be prohibited from southbound Bellevue Way to eastbound Northeast Fourth Street. Drivers headed to I-90 or I-405 may continue south on Bellevue Way.
- Various other lane closures and turn restrictions, as needed, to move traffic quickly out of the downtown core.
- When traffic volume decreases, roads will reopen and turn restrictions will be lifted.
Complimentary event parking is offered after 6 p.m. at Bellevue Square, Lincoln Square and Bellevue Place. Limited parking is also available at the visitors lot at City Hall (450 110th Ave. NE).
Visitors are also encouraged to walk, bike, carpool or take a bus to the event. Comprehensive information about travel options is available at Choose Your Way Bellevue.
The Symetra Bellevue Family 4th is co-produced by the Bellevue Downtown Association and the City of Bellevue. This year, the event was named the "Best Family Destination," by American Profile magazine, and picked as one of the nation's "10 best places to have a blast on the Fourth."
The Bellevue Downtown Association has more event information.
Return to News Release Index