A new suspension bridge at the Bellevue Botanical Garden that allows visitors to take a walk in the wild side.is featured on this month's Lake to Lake, a news show about Bellevue. Repaving for major East Bellevue arterials is also covered in the June episode.
Lake to Lake, aired on Bellevue TV (Channel 21) and in a YouTube version, is hosted by a rotating cast of public information officers and produced with help from Bellevue College students. Police Public Information Officer Carla Iafrate is anchor this month.
The new bridge at the Botanical Garden is the featured attraction of the Garden's newest display -- the Ravine Experience. Crowded with people at grand opening on Mother's Day, May 13, the bridge is still under construction in footage captured for Lake to Lake.
Other segments on the program include:
- Bellevue's last major annexation, of three South Bellevue communities;
- A wildlife baby shower, which raised money and generated supplies for a nonprofit that cares for injured and abaondoned wild animals;
- A community forum celebrating Bellevue's diversity;
- A recycling event where residents got rid of 55 tons of materials, including appliances, computers, mattresses and TVs; and
- Child Safety Day at the Factoria Mall.
Return to News Release Index